Tianjin Reliance Steel Pipe Industry & Trade Co., Ltd. was officially founded in 2004, and is located in Caigongzhuang Industrial Area in Jinghai County, Tianjin, China. We are a joint-stock enterprise, with 3 branch plants.
Our main products are:
Welded Pipes, Square & Rectangular Hollow Section Tubes
Galvanized Steel Welded Pipe and Pre-galvanized Steel Pipes.
Address:Hi-Tech information square, NanKai district of Tianjin.
How to drill through mild steel square tube with TTP Hard Drills
Drilling through steel follow our top tips for steel drilling
Drilling steel with TTP Hard Drills and using a cooling paste
TOP TIPS ON HOW TO DRILL STEEL
1. Use a vice or other method to secure the metal you will be drilling.
2. Hole Punch ensures an accurately locate hole and eliminates the possibility of the drill slipping and wander.
3.Buy the best drill bits you can justify
4.Identify Metal properties before drilling
5. Use Cutting Paste or lubricant to dissipate heat from the drill tip,
5. Safety goggles (not glasses) must be worn to prevent slivers of metal entering your eyes
6. Drill slowly
7.As your drill breaks through the far side ease up on pressure to prevent the drill bit ‘grabbing’
8.On harder Metals do not force the drill bit into the metal as this may cause excessive friction and heat to be generated reducing efficiency of drill bit – instead ease off pressure, use lubricant / cooling paste and reduce speed.
9.For larger holes drill a ‘pilot’ hole first (3 or 4mm is ideal), then change to larger bit. If you require a hole of around 12mm it may be easier to use an intermediate size like an 8mm first.
10. Drill a short distance then remove the drill bit from the hole, this will help remove cut metal, add lubricant before progressing.
SAVE 20% use code TRADE20
USA SALES – www.ttp-hard-drills.net
Europe – www.ttp-hard-drills.com